Echoes Trailer

Monday, June 23, 2014

Rusted


I am sharing this poem written by my son, Chris, because so many women think men don't feel the pain and sorrow of lost love. Let me tell you, women hold far more power over a man than they might realize. It is only a man's world when he is happy and motivated to strive to make it a better world for the people he loves.


Rusted

Rusty hearts, they can’t beat
Dried up dust, is all they bleed
You thought I had a smile, but it’s just a crack in my skin
Thought you were happy when we were two, now I’m back to one again

 I’m just a wound
Peel back my scab and tear it loose
Take the neck of my love to a tree

And tie the noose

Kick the ground from beneath me and watch me fall
Push me off the hill and I’ll tumble like a ball
Take my eyes; I don’t want them so much anymore
Don’t want to see some beauty when it’s ugly in the core

Rusty lungs, they can’t breath
Dried up dust, is all they need
You thought I had a hope, but it’s just a crack in my skin
Thought you were the one when we were two, now I’m back to one again

I can’t take the thought
I fear I’ll feel that way again
Every time I say it’s my last time
In the flame called love, I’ll jump again and again

I’m just an accident
A train off the broken track
A bad car wreck with one survivor
And a sadly shattered back

I’m rusty again
Learning to live
It’s not been long
I’m rusted again
A rusty chain, pulled apart by its ends
Rusted, rusted again

© Chris Petry 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. All feedback is welcomed.