Echoes Trailer

Sunday, February 8, 2015




Another Sunday Evening

Another Sunday is winding down,
Sunlight has faded and the sky is dark,
The mountains are silently listening,
Church bells ring and stray dogs bark.

I’m looking forward to warmer days,
Sitting beneath the moon on a summer night,
Days pass and seem to blend together,
I dread the darkness and reach for the light.

Tomorrow I’ll walk into the morning,
A list of things to do on my mind,
Giving thanks for the rain and snow,
And whatever blessings I might find.

I’ve walked through this house of mine,
A thousand times before,
All hours of the day and night,
I used to want so much more.

Now I sit at the window and look for stars,
Never imagined I would be this old,
The adventures I’ve had and memories made,
Are much too precious to ever be told.

Another Sunday is winding down,
I know how lucky I am these days,
To know the love of friends and my family,
I’ve been blessed in so many ways.

© Dianna Doles Petry


2/8/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. All feedback is welcomed.