Echoes Trailer

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Questions for a Writer



Questions for a Writer

She asked me, “Why do you write poetry?”
I searched for a worthy reply.
I am driven by a need to be heard,
But answered, “I’m not sure why.”

I began a quest to comprehend rhyme.
I had many thoughts to convey.
The melody of a flowing river,
The sunshine I find along the way.


She asked me, “Why do you write stories?”
I write to touch hearts through open ears.
I create moments of pure delight.
I answered, “To chase away my fears.”

I used to be like this young girl,
With long hair spun from golden sunlight,
With no time for naps or worry,
I was eager to share a kiss by moonlight.

She asked me, “Why do you like happy endings?”
She is wise well beyond her years.
“I can keep people from turning to dust,” I replied,
Then I turned to brush away my tears.

© Dianna Doles-Petry
4/27/2010

3 comments:

  1. This is just beautifully written and o' so very true of the Dianna, the writer, that I know and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching and true of my dear friend, Dianna, whom I love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. All feedback is welcomed.