Echoes Trailer

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Celebrating Motherhood #3

 
 
Celebrating Motherhood #3
 
I wanted everything to be perfect,
In the house where you were born,
Placed your bassinet by a window,
So you would feel the sun each morn.
 
I watched you grow into a young boy,
Soaring high on your swing set,
Climbing trees to save a baby bird,
Your imagination is growing yet.
 
One day you were Batman,
The next a cowboy head to toe,
I thought you’d be young forever,
Where did all the good times go?
 
I’m sure I seemed old-fashioned,
And how I loved to tease each guest,
I hope I wasn’t too embarrassing,
I tried so hard to give my best.
 
I still love to hear your cheerful voice,
I love to hear you when you sing,
Each moment with you is a memory I keep,
We don’t know what tomorrow may bring.
 
My child I loved to stroked your hair,
Tried to ease your worried brow,
If I could go back and hold you close again,
I would do it here and now.
 
© Dianna Doles Petry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. All feedback is welcomed.