Echoes Trailer

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Celebrating Motherhood #1

 
 
Celebrating Motherhood #1
Neglected now is the little tricycle,
Little toy soldiers buried in disarray,
Long forgotten are the story books,
Dust gathers instead of children today.
 
Many times I prayed by night,
To keep you healthy day by day,
I mopped floors while you slept,
Until the day you moved away.
 
Neglected now are the little ribbons,
Dolls and teapots meant to teach,
Long forgotten is the swing set,
Daily hugs well out of my reach.
 
Many times I would kiss you,
Look at you and gently sigh,
Exhausted and sometimes struggling,
Yet content and knew just why.
 
Neglected now are the movies,
All the music you danced to then,
How I would love to hold you close,
And brush your unruly hair again.
 
© Dianna Doles Petry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. All feedback is welcomed.